- Your code can be consolidated in one location.
- Add an interactive object (button, shape button, text entry box, click box) to your project.
- Give this object a meaningful name. We'll use it later.
- Set this object's success/failure/on focus lost action to Open URL or file.
- Add an assign action as below, replacing interactive_object with the name you gave the object in step 2.
When sharing projects with other developers
Suppose you created a Captivate project where we point the Open URL or file action to the path: C:\_RESOURCES\js\mycode.js
If someone takes your Captivate project and publishes it on their computer, Captivate will attempt to locate the C:\_RESOURCES\js\mycode.js file on their computer. If they have not created this file, then it will fail to load.
# Interactive Object Location
There are a number of ways you can hide the interactive object. You could set it to be invisible in output.
You could also place this interactive object on a slide which is never visited by the learner.
Therefore, instead of using Preview Next 5 Slides, we recommend always previewing the whole project, and then using xprefStartSlide to immediately jump to the slide you wish to test.
Therefore, it is best to use CpExtra's xprefInitAction feature. xprefInitAction allows us to run an action from the beginning of the movie, regardless of where self-paced learning or the LMS causes the movie to start.
If we point xprefInitAction to an advanced action, then we can add a line where we assign xcmndLoadJSFromAction the names of all relevant interactive objects.
# Loading with CpMate