- Your code can be consolidated in one location.
- Add an interactive object (button, shape button, text entry box, click box) to your project.
- Give this object a meaningful name. We'll use it later.
- Set this object's success/failure/on focus lost action to Open URL or file.
- Add an assign action as below, replacing interactive_object with the name you gave the object in step 2.
When sharing projects with other developers
Suppose you created a Captivate project where we point the Open URL or file action to the path: C:\_RESOURCES\js\mycode.js
If someone takes your Captivate project and publishes it on their computer, Captivate will attempt to locate the C:\_RESOURCES\js\mycode.js file on their computer. If they have not created this file, then it will fail to load.
# Interactive Object Location
There are a number of ways you can hide the interactive object. You could set it to be invisible in output.
You could also place this interactive object on a slide which is never visited by the learner.
Therefore, instead of using Preview Next 5 Slides, we recommend always previewing the whole project, and then using xprefStartSlide to immediately jump to the slide you wish to test.
# Loading with CpMate